Use These Five Tips to Take Control of Your New Bentsen Palm Home Buying Experience
December 9th, 2016
You’re dreaming of buying a new home and enjoying all the benefits of home ownership, but you don’t want your home buying experience to be a stressful time. Take control with these five tips as you search for the ideal home in the Bentsen Palm Rio Grande Valley new home community.
- Start saving as soon as you can. The more money you have to put toward a down payment and other new home needs will save you quite a bit of worry when it comes time to make an offer on a home. You don’t want to be scrambling to find just enough or obliterate your savings in order to buy your new home.
- Get pre-approved and shop around for the best mortgage options for you and your family. You do not have to settle for the first offer and saving even half a percentage point can lead to significant savings over the course of paying off the home loan.
- Decide on the must haves versus the nice to haves in your new home and the Rio Grande Valley new home community. Do you want to be close to schools, work, amenities, major roadways? How many bedrooms and bathrooms do you need? Having a sense of these things will help you focus on what is most important to you and narrow your choices when it comes to picking a homesite and floorplan.
- Get a home inspection and pay attention. Be sure to inspect the home yourself as well. Now is the time to get your questions answered. You’ll feel better about your purchase and have the peace of mind that you did your homework before signing a contract.
- Don’t start shopping for new furniture or other big ticket items before you sign your contract. You could hurt your credit score and raise a flag to your lender, which might impact your mortgage rate or put your mortgage in jeopardy. It’s also best to give yourself a little break after moving into a new home. Relax and settle in for a bit before taking on the effort of shopping and the added expense of new furniture.
Ask the experts at Bentsen Palm for more great tips on how to take control of your home buying experience in our beautiful Rio Grande Valley new home community.